If you haven't heard, a lot of new and noteworthy restaurants have sprouted up on the upper east side, quite exciting for an upper eastsider. I was thrilled to hear about Ciano moving up from Flatiron to the UES as a more casual eatery, Cucina Ciano.
There were so many things on the menu that looks delicious it was very difficult to figure out what to get. I made the decision of getting a few small plates so I could try a few dishes. I started with the burrata "panzanella" salad with arugula, and cherry tomato. This was a simple and lovely dish, the burrata really took center stage and the arugula offered a nice herbal bite.
They have three crostini options and I chose to go with the baccala and potato. I love white fish so I was excited about this however it was very heavy on the potato, not so much baccala. If you like mashed potatoes, you would love this, creamy and smooth, and on crostini, it was a carbo load.
I almost didn't do it but I really couldn't resist....I had to order the octopus. This was a balsamic glazed octopus on frisee with artichoke and red pepper. The flavors were great but it was alittle small.
I have to say the best thing I had all night - besides the Chianti - was the brussel sprouts and Cucina Ciano knew what they were doing with these little cabbages. They were roasted with alittle bit of a caramelized crunch on the outside and just the perfect amount of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Truly outstanding.
For dessert, my dining companions and I wanted to try something so we went with the mini cannoli. There was pistachio (the best one), chocolate chip, and a lemon rosemary. They could use some better plating but really great cannoli.
Welcome to the neighborhood Cucina Ciano!
Cucina Ciano
181 E 78TH St, New York, NY 646.422.7550
No comments:
Post a Comment