I had no idea that Sutter Home was responsible for so many delicious wines - I tried almost all of them so I should know! I highly recommend their SeaGlass Wines, particularly their Sauvignon Blanc, which reminded me of a New Zealand Sauv Blanc, and their fruity Pinot Noir.
In addition to the wines, Sutter Home had some delicious bites including yummy truffle fries with Parmesan cheese.
A cute little black sesame cone filled with crab.
And let me tell you, the desserts.....I walked up to the table and started drooling! The best delicacies on that table had to be the chocolate chip cookies (classics are classics for a reason, right?) and a velvety milk chocolate mousse in a white chocolate shell. AMAZING!
Sutter Home also has a wonderful little market with a collection of snacks/condiments that are perfect for your kitchen or for a picnic basket to take on an afternoon of wine tasting. I am a HUGE fan of both balsamic vinegar and mustard so I just had to take home at least one of each because they were truly delicious. The BRIGHT GREEN wasabi mustard and the sweet sesame mustard tasted decadent and were excellent on salty pretzels.
In addition to eating and drinking all morning, this wouldn't be Live In The Vineyard without music, so Mr. John Ondrasik of Five For Fighting came to play a set at the piano.
John is an amazing musician and wonderful to hear live. His new album Bookmarks is what you would expect from him, smart music that makes you think and makes you feel.
Later that night the music continued.....
The performances we saw were out of this world amazing! All of the artists on this stage were honest, genuine, and vulnerable; they opened up to the audience and let us into their heart. You could see that each artist was having a blast and loved being there. It was truly a one-of-a-kind evening and I am now a lifelong fan of all of these performers.
The adorable Andrew Ripp, what a crush I have!
Lee DeWyze rocked it.
James Blunt was wonderful.
Gavin DeGraw bringing down the house!
When I got home after a long day of traveling, I didn't go bed, I opened up itunes and bought all the songs I heard that night and I still can't stop singing them.
That's how powerful this concert was.
What a memorable night and what fantastic performances all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment