Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Thomas at Fagiani's

While out in Napa for Live in The Vineyard, I went to The Thomas at Fagiani's for dinner.
 
  The Thomas is in downtown Napa and what I found out from my bartender (who happens to be a lifetime local) at La Torque, was that The Thomas was boarded up and all but abandoned after the robbery and murder of Anita Andrews, the original owner’s daughter, in 1974.  The Thomas opened in 2012, the first time it had been used in close to 40 years.  It took a hospitality group from NYC, AvroKO, to do it.
 
We were told that the building maintains its original look and that much of the structure and even the décor has been salvaged from its original state.  This is a good thing.  The Thomas is a wonderful space with lots of brick, subway tile and metal that makes for a restaurant that feels modern but also has history. 
 
We loved the open kitchen as it made the restaurant feel homey and of course we had to have some wine....we are in Napa!

 
I ordered the salmon tartare which came with homemade chips that weren't greasy.        It was quite delicious but the salmon was slightly tougher than expected.  Still good but not the best I have had.

 
I split a few sides with my husband including the delicious brussel sprouts with chili carmel.  I have no idea what "chili carmel" is but it was tasty!!



The beets with candied pecans and cheese were also very good; the flavors are there but the beets slightly undercooked, would have liked them with a bit less bite.

 
All in all it was a pretty great meal and a perfect dinner after a day of drinking and eating.  It was light and had lots of vegetables which were definitely two things I needed!
 
But there is always room for dessert.....
 
We switched over to La Torque (I had to try something there!) and had delectable maple ice cream profiterole rolls...yum!!  These were soooo good.  La Torque would have been too decadent for a full dinner after our long day of eating and drinking but their dessert was just the perfect amount of decadent for us.
 

 
 
The Thomas at Fagiani's
813 Main St, Napa, CA 94559
707.226.7821
 
La Torque
1314 McKinstry Street,
Napa, California 94559
707 257 5157

No comments:

Post a Comment