Thursday, November 14, 2013

Distilled

I am so happy I had the chance to have dinner this week at Distilled in Tribeca, it was absolutely wonderful. Distilled had been on my list to try for some time now because the menu looked great - both food and cocktails - and it held up to the hype. 
 
In regards to ambiance, it is an great date spot, lively but not too loud, and the food is fun and delish. 
 
They start you off with popcorn that is flavored with garlic, salt, chili powder, and I imagine even more than that; its smoky and not too salty. I love when there is something unique to start, always makes you feel like you are going to be eating well all night.
 
 
Along with the popcorn we ordered the pickles and the wings.

 
Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
 
 

 
The wings are their signature dish and after eating them, I can tell you they are a must try….and I don’t even like wings! These however I could eat a dozen of. They are twice fried so the skin is extra crispy and they are coated in a finger lickin' sweet and smoky marinade with gochujang, and served with a good but unneeded blue cheese dip on the side. These bad boys don’t need any dip.
 

 
For my entree I had the seared Diver Scallops on smoked duck breast, with ice wine vinegar, and frisée. These were very good but not the choice for someone that is very hungry, which I was. 
 
 
 
Thankfully my hubby got the country fried duck and waffles with a smoked chili maple syrup, whipped honey butter, and thai basil and let me had a few bites.  Note, this was ridiculously good! Highly recommended.

 

 
We also got some REALLY GREAT veggie sides


Brussel Sprouts

 
 
Roasted cauliflower shiro miso, pumpkin seeds, sugar snap peas, and basil
 



 
We finished the night with their deconstructed s ‘more. Props for the inventive idea, but the real things is much better.
 
 

 
Overall this is a very smart and exciting menu that is executed very well. I will definitely go back and absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and yummy evening.
 
Distilled
211 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013 — 212.601.9514

No comments:

Post a Comment