What an amazing concept.....a food court fit for a major foodie! The Gotham Organization opened a new luxury high rise, Gotham West, and brilliantly brought together a group of fantastic chefs to open outposts of their culinary treats in a food court setting at the bottom of the building. This is called: Gotham West Market.
It is almost impossible to pick which spot you want to go as inevitably you will want to try all of them so just plan to take multiple trips. On this particular occasion I shared dishes with my husband and a couple friends from two spots: El Colmando from chef Seamus Mullen of Tertulia and Genuine Roadside from the AvroKo Group.
My husband got a burger from Genuine Roadside so I was able to share some of the best sweet potato fries I have ever eaten. They are nice and spicy, sprinkled with chili spice.
I also had to order their house pickled escabeche slaw which had a great vinegary bite.
The fried pickles were also crazy good, I have never had a full spear of fried pickle and it was divine. But I ate them too quickly to take a photo!
From El Comando we had a lot of small bites starting with one of my favorite side dishes, Shisito Peppers.
We also had to get the Pan con Tomate which I have had at Tertulia and loved and this version didn't disappoint either It seems so simple but the flavor is huge!
I had to get their tuna which was marinated with artichoke, caper berries, olive, and crispy farro.
Lamb Meatballs with sheep's milk yogurt.
Baby artichokes fried and covered with arugula salad.
We also ordered a bottle of rose to wash it all down. Their wine list is extensive.
Gotham West Market was an awesome adventure. It is quite a hike to get over there on 11th Ave but the food is worth it.
Gotham West Market
600 11th Avenue, New York, NY
http://gothamwestmarket.com/#contact
No comments:
Post a Comment