Saturday, March 22, 2014

Chicago Edition: Siena Tavern

I had the pleasure of having two dinners at Siena Tavern while I was in Chicago and I must say, it was fantastic.  I am a big fan of Fabio Viviani and have eaten at one of his restaurant in CA.  I loved the look of Siena Tavern, and the vibe of the place, it was really fun, contemporary, and the food was fabulous.
 
 
Night 1:
 
It was a long day and we got in much later then expected.  After driving through Chicago traffic, we needed a drink.  I got my lucky number, the No. 10 made with Woodford Reserve, bitters, maraschino and apricot.  It was strong and exactly what I needed!
 
 
 
 
 
There were a lot of different things on the menu I wanted to try so I ordered a bunch of small plates (and big ones) to share.   We started off with the truffle mushroom pizza.  Fantastic.  So fantastic.  I LOVE truffles and I love mushrooms.
 
 
 
 
 
They are also known for their meatball, a Waygu Beef Meatball, so we had to order it.  It tasted like a meatball made from someones Italian grandmother and the tomato sauce was fabulous, I love a good red sauce.
 
 
 
 
The octopus was grilled well and there was a lot of it!
 
 
 
 
 
Of course we ordered the Shistio Peppers as well.
 
 
 
 
 
My husband had a delicious Short Rib Ravioli which was awesome!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Night 2:
 
 
 
This was a pasta and dessert night but started with the fried dough balls and a bottle of red.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then the Gnocchi with truffle cream, fried sage, and panchetta
 
 
 
 
 
 
And my favorite, the Farro risotto with grilled shrimp and root vegetables
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also had a ton of dessert!
 
 
 
 
 
Triamisu was thick and decadent
 
 
 
 
 
The gelatos were awesome!!  Salted Caramel was probably my favorite.
 
 
 
 
 
And I loved the stuff your own donuts, this was fun and really, really delicious.
 
 
 
 
 
If you are in Chicago (or in Miami come this fall when they open their second location) check out Siena Tavern for a fun night with delish dishes.


Siena Tavern
51 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL
http://www.sienatavern.com/chicago.html




No comments:

Post a Comment