Meme Mediterranean is a neighborhood restaurant, and a very popular one at that because on a recent Monday evening it was packed. As a reader of this blog you would likely know that I am a very big fan of Greek food which is why I was excited to try Meme.
I always love when restaurants go above and beyond the basic bread and butter and deliver a much more exciting plate to the table. Meme did just that with a nice selection of olives, pickled veggies and oil with their olive bread.
We started with the combination platter which came with babaganoush, hummus, beets, tabouli, falafel, matbucha, carrots, roast peppers and pita. This was quite delicious and I would recommend this for two people, there was four of us and had alittle taste of everything but I wanted a BIG taste of everything.
For my next course I shared the almond crusted scallops with pureed cauliflower with chili oil. I did like this and I should have asked for a spoon to get more of that puree in each bite.
Of course I then went with the octopus for my main course. The octopus was cooked very nicely and came with chickpeas, alittle mesclun and a tomato lemon vinaigrette. Light and refreshing this was a nice dish and would be absolutely perfect with a rose in the summer.
We couldn't pass up dessert and had an amazing baklava. Sweet and crunchy there were sizeable pieces of nuts throughout which showed that it was homemade.
There lemon tart was awesome, it tasted like a classic lemon bar but with a light and fluffy texture. Really delightful.
I can't wait till the weather gets warm enough for their outdoor seating!
Meme Mediterranean
581 Hudson St between 11th and Bank, New York City
http://www.memeonhudson.com/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment