I had a chance to check out Quality Italian on a Saturday night and I am so glad I did. First I should mention that the atmosphere is great, not too loud, not too dark, and not too contemporary - the right amount of all of those things. The service was also impeccable.
The garlic rolls they deliver pipping hot to the table are delightful. Fresh baked, soft and warm, the garlic and butter sticks to your fingers and I dare you to not lick it off.
I started with the scallop carpaccio and it blew my mind. I was not expecting this dish to be so good, but it was. It is a blackened scallop with cannelini beans and chili. It is so balanced, light, and flavorful it is just perfect.
I also shared the eggplant polpette with dripping burrata was like a meatball and arancini all in one, crispy and hearty.
For dessert, we couldn't decide on which gelato we wanted so we ordered two. These were AMAZING. They make the gelato in-house and it is so creamy and decadent it is addicting. We got the roasted pistachio which came on alittle piece of olive oil cake with crunchy pizelles which is a perfect balance of textures.
Our second gelato was the coffee crumb bun with Brooklyn Roasting Coffee gelato, a cinnamon crumb bun, and candied walnuts. So good!
Such a great meal and such a great spot! Loved it!!
Quality Italian
57 W 57th St (enter on 6th Ave), New York, NY
http://www.qualityitalian.com/home.cfm#./
No comments:
Post a Comment