Tuesday, February 4, 2014

All'onda

All'onda recently opened up just south of Union Square.  An Italian restaurant with a focus on seafood, they have a creative menu that I was just dying to try.
In addition to the food, All'onda has a thoughtful cocktail menu.  I started off with the "Old Sal" made with rye, rosemary infused cocchi americano, and cynar.  Herbaceous and strong this was a great drink for a Friday night after a long work week.  My hubby had a Manhattan.



It was so difficult to choose just one pasta on this menu, they all looked amazing.  I decided to go with the bucatini made with smoked uni, egg, and spicy breadcrumbs.  This was an unbelievable dish, creamy and delicate, I could have licked the plate.  Most people I imagine are trepidatious when it comes to a fish like uni but you don't have to be with this dish, the flavor is subtle and it just added a great texture to the sauce.   

I went with the Sake for my entree, it was veal-glazed and came with beets and semolina dumplings.  Quite composed and balanced, it was great.

And who would of thunk that the almighty brussel sprout side dish would have stolen the show.  A crispy char and a sweet sauce of honey, balanced with vinegar, and a crunch of pistachios, this dish was phenomenal.  Don't miss this dish! 

To finish the meal we ordered three of their very interesting gelatos: ricotta, soy, and salted green apple.  They tasted exactly like each flavor profile but in the best way possible; fun and delicious.

All'onda is a great spot and a wonderful place for a special date or going out to a nice meal with friends.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

All'onda
22 E 13th St, New York City
http://allondanyc.com/about


No comments:

Post a Comment