Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Orsay

My husband planned a very romantic dinner at Orsay for this Valentine's Day.  Orsay is a french restaurant that I have been to for lunch but never for dinner. 
 
To start, we got a few glasses of wine.  Loved the rose petals, a very romantic touch.

 
 
They have one of my favorite tuna tartare dishes in the city so we had that to start.  One of the things I love about it is that they chop up little pieces of tempura in the tartare! 



 
 
I ordered their Bouillabaisse de Orsay, a shellfish stew.  One of the ways they make this different than any other bouillabaisse I have ever had is that they use a lot of fennel.  I typically hate fennel but as this was stewed in the dish, it was a hint of that fennel taste but definitely one that made it unique.
 

 
We couldn't decide what to get for dessert so we went for two options: their amazing cookie plate and their floating island, a meringue on top of a creme anglaise sauce with candied almonds on top.

 
 

Orsay transports you to Paris, both with atmosphere and food and their service is top notch. 

Orsay Brasserie and Bar
1057 Lexington Ave (at 75th St), New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment