Note that Beyond Sushi is not a traditional sushi restaurant, it is actually a 100% vegan eatery. Now, let me state that I am a carnivore, I typically have meat or fish with every meal - unless I am having eggs. In no way does this seem like a spot that I would like however, I cannot deny that Beyond Sushi has done a fantastic job with their menu. Their creations are both completely delicious and satisfying. I am beyond excited I found Beyond Sushi!
I chose to go with their #3 combo: a roll and a wrap.
I got the Sweet Angel wrap filled with buckwheat noodles, asparagus, sweet potato, sprouts, and wrapped with romaine lettuce and topped with their spicy sauce.
I split a roll with my dining partner so I was able to sample to different rolls.
The Sweet Tree Roll with six grain rice, avocado, sweet potato, sprouts with rice and toasted cayenne sauce was awesome.
Green Machine with six grain rice, cucumber, asparagus, basil, marinated veggies, and jalapeno wasabi sauce (wasn't very spicy) was also amazing, I couldn't pick which I liked better, they were both SO GOOD.
I am telling you, I don't care if you are a meat head, the food is delicious and you feel good walking out of that place, like you just did something good for your body. Go!
Beyond Sushi
229 East 14th St. New York, NY 10003
http://beyondsushinyc.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment