I am a HUGE fan of The Meatball Shop. When it opened it's first location on the Lower East Side, I was one of their first customers which says a lot because I NEVER go to a new restaurant within it's first 3 weeks of opening - they need time to work out any kinks. But why did I change my rule for Meatball Shop you ask??? Just because their concept is brilliant: pick your balls, pick your sauce, and pick your side. They also have their meatballs as sandwiches and its all customizable which is very fun.
I shouldn't be remiss in also mentioning their killer dessert menu - ice cream sandwiches - is very similar to their ball menu....you guessed it: pick your ice cream and pick your cookies. My fave is mint ice cream with gingersnap cookies - my husband's brilliant combination.
I shouldn't be remiss in also mentioning their killer dessert menu - ice cream sandwiches - is very similar to their ball menu....you guessed it: pick your ice cream and pick your cookies. My fave is mint ice cream with gingersnap cookies - my husband's brilliant combination.
I stopped in for a late brunch over the weekend and they didn't disappoint. I went with my go to: chicken balls with tomato sauce. It comes with a little piece of bread for dipping in the sauce which is perfect.
I got steamed spinach on the side to get some vitamins in me.
Note that The Meatball Shop always has daily specials - in each of its categories - and their market side of arugula with maple poached pears, candied walnuts and sherry vinaigrette sounded too good to pass up.
I love this place and its definitely something that anyone would love. P.S. They have veggie balls as well!
The Meatball Shop
Multiple locations in NYC
http://www.themeatballshop.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment