Saturday, May 3, 2014

Ardesia

One of my favorite places to go on the west side is Ardesia.  A cute little wine bar, they have outdoor patio seating on a quiet street between 10th and 11th avenue, hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the city.  They have a lovely wine list and the food is fabulous.
 
On Saturday's Ardesia hosts a "wine social" in which they pick 5 special wines off or on their wine list and give you 5 tastings for $25.  Its a fantastic deal as they don't skimp on a taste.  We started with the sparkling rose (could this be more perfect) and moved into whites and then reds.  They create a wonderful journey of wines.
 
 
 
Making a meal out of it, we started with their divine deviled eggs. These delightful little bites are so full of yolk-y goodness!
 
 
 
Since we were going through a leisurely afternoon of wines, we ordered their mixed olives as well.  Olives and wine just go so well together.
 
 
I really love Ardesia's salads, I don't know what it is but they create perfect salads and I love that they serve them in a bowl!  I hate when salads are on a plate.  This was with radishes, grape tomatoes, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, goat cheese feta, sunflower seeds and a champagne vinaigrette. 
 
 
 
 
To top the salad, I got the grilled shrimp.  They know how to get a great crust on these babies.
 
 
 
 
And finally, their perfectly delicious and doughy NY Pretzel with mustard and cheese sauce.
 
 
Man, I love this spot.
 

Ardesia
510 W 52nd Street
http://ardesia-ny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment