I recently was in Washington D.C. and went to Daikaya, a Japanese restaurant with a seriously fun menu and cocktails.
We started with some well crafted drinks. They have a few drinks but all very different, and they have unique drinks on the specials menu which should not be missed.
The tuna poke was delish with seaweed, pine nuts and sesame oil. Very traditional.
The crab croquettes were what you would expect in a fried ball however the inside was quite thin and was almost like a fried ball of crab chowder, very tasty.
On their specials menu they had chicken drumsticks that were fried golden brown with a Sriracha honey. Yum!
The sashimi was very traditional and basic. The plating was fabulous!
The Chawanmushi was something I have never tried before, it's a steamed egg and Dashi custard with mushroom and a Parmesan crisp. I really didn't taste the Parmesan crisp but it was a fun and unique dish that was very good.
I thought Daikaya was a unique experience and a great way to try Japanese food that's not just sushi :)
Daikaya
705 6th St NW, Washington, D.C.
http://daikaya.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment