Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Narcissa

Narcissa is focused on locally sourced ingredients with a focus on vegetables.  It's a concept from Andre Balazs and John Fraser and a lot of what they source comes from Andre's Hudson Valley farm.

I started with their beets which they cook on a rotisserie, very clever, and served with a delicious bulgur salad, apples, and creamed horseradish.  It was so good and its is one of their more popular dishes.




I also had the tuna with cucumber basil water and jalapeno.  Light and refreshing this was a wonderful dish.



For an entree, I had their amazing scallops that came with little potatoes, fiddleheads and crayfish.  Their sauces are so good I just wanted to get every last ounce of them! 
 


They finished us off with alittle chocolate truffle and what seemed like raspberry jellies which was fabulous and a perfect end to the meal.




Truly amazing, I absolutely loved Narcissa, the food was delicious and I felt good knowing that I had healthy, good for you food, cooked cleanly. 


Narcissa
21 Cooper Square (in the Standard Hotel), New York, NY
http://www.narcissarestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment