It was a cold day and all I wanted to do was sit in a warm restaurant with delicious food and drink wine all afternoon so I went to a perfect place for just that, Maialino, located in the Gramercy Park Hotel. Mailiano has a beautiful and quite fancy dining room but since I wanted something a bit more relaxing, I sat at in their bar area with old rustic wood tables and floor to ceiling windows where the sun just poured in on this particular day.
I love bubbly at lunch and because it was such a cold winter day I went with the chilled, sparkling red which is a bit more complex than say, a Prosecco. They also provided beautiful rosemary bread to start.
Maialino has a reasonable weekday price fixe menu, 3 courses - antipasti, entree, and biscotti - for $35. For the antipasti I had the octopus with heirloom beans and radish. It was cooked perfectly and quite lovely.
I then had the Brodetto, a seafood stew, for my entree. On the cold day this was perfect, light, alittle spice and filled with fresh fish.
The biscotti plate was an adventure, there were so many different cookies that were all delightful, a perfect end to the meal.
If you have a few hours for lunch and are looking for some great food and wine, Maialino is a great spot for you.
Maialino
2 Lexington Ave, New York City
http://www.maialinonyc.com/#
No comments:
Post a Comment