Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Yefsi Estiatorio

I am a huge fan of Greek food, put tzatziki on anything and I will eat it. I have always loved Greek food but after my trip to Greece in 2009, that became amplified, and I have become somewhat of a Greek food connoisseur. 
 
It is well known that Astoria has wonderful options for Greek food (my fav being Agnanti) but Manhattan has some of the best Greek food I have had, and last week I went to one of my favorites:
 
Yefsi Estadiario
 
If you have come to visit and stay with me then you probably have been to Yefsi. Its one of those places that can please absolutely everyone and just so happens to be in my neighborhood.  The food is always fantastic, the service is very good, and they dont have an attitude.  Its a great date spot, great for friends, and also a place to take your parents.  In addition, the have outdoor space, in the front as well as in the garden in the back. 

They start you off with their hummus and bread, which I always smile and say, "Pita Please", who wants crusty bread at a Greek place, give me Pita! Which mind you comes to the table warm and cut into perfect triangles.

I always order the Pikilia which is traditional Greek spreads including: Taramosalata, Melitzanosalata, Spicy Feta, Tzatziki. If you get this you may want to smile and say "More Pita Please" as you will definitely need even more.
 
 
That night, we also ordered their Yefsi chips (above and below), fried zucchini and eggplant with tzatziki sauce which are wonderful, much better then fries and just alittle bit better for you :)

 
I also sometimes order extra Melitzanosalata because it is just so good.
 
 

Yefsi is also home to one of my other Top 3 octopus/calamari dishes, its called the Stifado.  This is one of the greatest things I have ever tasted. They actually braise the octopus in a tomato and onion sauce that has just the right amount of sweetness to it, you wont want to let this sauce go to waste so, "More Pita Please".  This dish is mind blowing...really, words cant even describe it, its just really, really, really good. 
 

I have been to Yefsi many times and have gone with many people, so I have had the chance to taste a lot of their dishes and I must say all of them have been delicious.  You really just cant go wrong here.

Yefsi Estiatorio - 1481 York Ave New York, NY 10075
http://yefsiestiatorio.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment