Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mermaid Inn

So I am finally taking the plunge and starting a blog and in honor of my first blog post, I am dedicating this to one of the best restaurants in NYC:

The Mermaid Inn 

Now while there are MANY restaurants that I love in this city, Mermaid is definitely one of my true standbys, which means, I always leave there happy.   

Some of you may know that Mermaid also has one of the best happy hours ever created because their happy hour menu includes their delicious food, in particular, oysters.  They are always very fresh and at about $1 a pop, spring for a dozen, half east and half west (I am an equal opportunist).  And of course a glass of bubbly


 
 



Then onto the seared calamari app; I cannot leave Mermaid without eating this dish, its phenomenal.  You should know that octopus and calamari are two of my favorite things and it is fairly difficult for me to go to a restaurant that has one of those items on the menu and not order it but I have to say this is one of my Top 3 Calamari Dishes in the city....
 

Mermaid has created a masterful dish: frisee salad, some feta cheese, mushrooms, grilled calamari and some sort of vinegary dressing, its perfection. 

Shisito Peppers! My husband and I love these, love the salty, love the bite and love the grill marks.


Lastly, no meal at Mermaid Inn is complete without their signature chocolate pudding.  Mind you this comes complementary (which is awesome) and I always secretly hope that one of my accompanying diners doesn't want theirs so I can have seconds but that never happens, I mean, who doesn't like chocolate pudding!


 
So to all I say, swim over to Mermaid Inn stat (any of there 3 locations) and make sure you make it to happy hour.  The tacos and lobster roll are also quite delish!  (Both on their happy hour menu)

Mermaid Inn East Village: 96 Second Ave (5th/6th st), New York City
For their other locations, visit: http://www.themermaidnyc.com/
Happy Hour runs from 5pm-7pm, West Village location adds a hour Fri-Sun to start at 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment