Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Bar Room

I really liked the sound of this place: the BAR room...but besides that, the decor is wonderful, bright and brasserie-like but also contemporary and the food was delicious. 
 
I started with a nice glass of rose.  Their lunch special is an entree with a glass of wine or beer for an extra $5.  Score!
 
 
I love eggs so I ordered the lobster frittata.
 
 
I was not expecting much but I was pleasently surprised with how much lobster they used!!  It is always disappointing when you order a lobster dish and they have little bits and pieces; this was the opposite and was fabulous.  It also had perfectly fresh avocado on top to add another layer of richness.
 
 
 
My husband had the burger which was AMAZING.  The sauce was perfect, the meat was juicy, the bun soft, and pickles, an excellently crafted meal.
 
 
 
For dessert we had the banana bread pudding and this was also wonderful.  I love banana desserts and this was a great one.  The whipped cream top was perfect.  Light and fluffy is was heaven.
 
 

 
 
A great spot in midtown (bonus! It is close to Bloomies) The Bar Room is a winner.
 

The Bar Room
117 E 60th St, between Lexington and Park Ave, NYC
http://www.thebarroomnyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment