Gotham Bar and Grill is one of the most iconic New York restaurants there is. So many talented chefs have graced this kitchen and in every occasion that I have had the pleasure to dine at Gotham, it has been an amazing experience from start to finish.
After a very long winter, my husband and I treated ourselves and toasted Spring over a long, leisurely lunch at Gotham. And what is a more perfect way to start a nice lunch than with a cocktail or some bubbly!
From reading this blog you would know that one of my favorite things ever is tuna tartare and Gotham did tuna tartare before it became trendy, they started bringing in high-grade tuna in the 80s! This dish was so perfectly structured and balanced with a sweet miso dressing and crisp cucumber.
I also shared the beets with my husband. Now these were red and yellow beets with goat cheese, hazelnuts, and citrus. Again, totally composed and refreshing this was a fantastic starter.
For the second (and third) round a beautiful rose!
I continued with fish for my main course and ordered the white tuna with gigante beans, pickled onions, fingerling potatoes, dill, meyer lemon and black olive vinaigrette. It was so light and delicate with lots of greens, it was perfect for a light-ish lunch.
The braised beef short rib, which my husband let me steal a few bites of, had complex flavors that just tantalized your tongue! The root vegetables and Parmesan sound simple but were completely elegant.
For dessert, we had the Gotham chocolate cake with salted carmel ice cream and the creamsicle coupe with citrus segments, whipped chantilly, a short bread cookie, and vanilla ice cream. Both are so different so it depends on your mood but they are both so, so, good. I said I would only have a bite of each but I learned that was impossible accomplishment.
Gotham is truly a magnificent restaurant. In addition, the service is outstanding! They make you feel like royalty and family all at the same time. It is not cheap so if you go, plan on dining, take your time and enjoy every bite. And a little tip, the $35 price fixe lunch can't be beat.
12 E 12th St, New York, NY 10003
http://gothambarandgrill.com/restaurant/
.
No comments:
Post a Comment