Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chicane

I was excited to try Chicane, the menu looked great and the concept appealed to me...unfortunately it didn't go over as well as I would have liked.
 
 
To start I ordered a rose...they didn't have it so I went with a bubbly.  Now, they brought it over and it was filled halfway, halfway?  Why would you fill it halfway?  It was a $10 glass and the bottle was $40 so this made no sense.  When I asked the waiter about it he told me that the other restaurant down the street (which shall remain nameless as I am not sure how much credibility this waiter has given this statement) fills their glasses even less, like that was supposed to be helpful!  Needless to say, we told them we would take the whole bottle.  
 
 
 
We ordered the fried calamari and it could have very well been calamari but it just tasted like a bunch of fried batter.  
 
 
 
 
I ordered the tuna tartare to have as my main course and this was very good.
 
 
 
 
I also had a side of ratatouille which was fine, nothing special.
 
 
 
 
I REALLY wanted to love this restaurant but it fell short.  Perhaps I should try the brunch?  Or perhaps we wait to see if they stick around...
 
 

Chicane
430 Broome St, New York, NY (cross street Crosby)
http://www.chicanenyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment